I am a Sub Contractor located in Panama City Florida.I signed a contract with Sovran Builders to build houses for DR Horton.There was every excuse in the book not to pay.
Now, I am having to file a lien to try and retain my money. I was first told that they could not release my check due to inadequate insurance so I went to my insurance company to inquire. Of course, there was nothing wrong with my insurance, so I had my insurance company contact Sovran Builders. Sovran called me back to say that they had a meeting with my insurance company and DR Horton and that my insurance company did not want to represent me anymore and that they were going to cut their losses and eventually mail me my check.
I was standing in the office of my insurance carrier when I took this call and no such meeting took place. They are LIARS. They will put you on one job, and when you are at the stage of construction for a draw they will move you to another job. You will work your a** of and get paid in percentages of completion.
SO, you never get paid. No wonder consumers are waiting so long to occupy their home.
I have attached pictures of 4737 Magnolia Bay Club, Panama City Beach Florida and pictures of 1027 Tidewater Lane in Laird Point.I am so sorry if either one of these houses belongs to you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "NO complaints. We are rebuilding because of a fire. The insurance adjuster told us to find a plan and a builder. After researching online for local builders on your own..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."